Kajabi is a content delivery and marketing platform that helps you to create and sell content-based products such as online courses, ebooks, training programs, and more. They also make it easy to set up a membership site for accessing premium content.
Simply put, Kajabi is for those wanting to launch a purely online business with no physical products.
Clickfunnels, on the other hand, is a marketing platform that makes it easy to sell any physical or digital product.
In this sense, Clickfunnels is for a wider audience as it is designed to sell both digital and physical products while Kajabi is mostly for digital educators and content creators.
Now that you have a basic idea of what each of these platforms can do for you, let’s jump into a detailed comparison to help you make the right choice
Kajabi vs Clickfunnels – Feature Comparison
In this section, we’ll compare the important features between the two platforms.
Kajabi makes it easy to create beautiful landing pages to capture leads, generate interest in your products, and convert your visitors to subscribers. A few highlights of this tool are:
- Complete control over all page elements
- More than 100 templates to choose from
- Easy to customize
- Kajabi automatically stores the details entered through the opt-in page in your account, so no separate integration with an email provider is required.
- No coding knowledge is necessary.
Creating a landing page is pretty easy in Clickfunnels, thanks to its aesthetically-designed templates. It also offers the following features.
- Landing pages are categorized based on your goals. So, you get to choose a marketing funnel first and then the landing pages based on it. For example, if you want to create an opt-in landing page, choose the “Collect emails” funnel and pick the landing pages associated with it.
- A thank you page is automatically created with the landing page
- You can customize your landing page with just a drag and drop.
- No coding knowledge is needed.
- Integrates well with the marketing funnel and third-party email service providers for autoresponder services and to guide your leads to perform specific actions.
Both the platforms have many landing page templates to meet your specific needs and they can be customized easily without coding. Due to these similarities, both the platforms are winners in this category.
Automations are extremely powerful as they take a lot of time and effort from your shoulders and at the same time, give the results you want. Let’s see how Kajabi and ClickFunnels score on this front.
Kajabi helps to build relationships and increase conversions on autopilot mode. Here’s a look at some of the key aspects of its marketing automation.
- Sends email broadcasts to all your members with a single click
- Connects all the products together in the Kajabi ecosystem
- Automates your email marketing efforts with follow-up emails to the right people at the right time.
- Personalizes your communication for a human touch
- Easy to set up
While here, let’s talk a bit about an important marketing automation tool called Pipelines, which are pre-written sales funnels that allow users to completely automate marketing within the Kajabi platform.
These pipelines streamline the way your business is run and you can choose a sales funnel based on what you’re looking to achieve. Some options include getting new leads, launching a new product or service, email marketing, and more.
Clickfunnels’ marketing automation increases the effectiveness of your efforts with the following key aspects.
- Captures leads automatically and sends custom emails to them through a single broadcast.
- Provides the right analytics to understand buying behavior
- Helps to measure marketing workflows
- Segments people based on their clicking and buying behavior
Clickfunnels scores over Kajabi because it gives better insights into the behavior of your members and segments them accordingly. It also gives you more control over how you want to interact with them. But Kajabi is Winner when compared with Clickfunnels, especially with its pipelines option.
ClickFunnels integrates well with Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, Infusionsoft, and other major payment providers. But the one downside with ClickFunnels is that it does not support PayPal for one-time offers or one-click upsells.
Kajabi, on the other hand, integrates only with Stripe and PayPal and there are no restrictions on using either payment gateway for membership site subscriptions or one-time payments.
When compared to the two, ClickFunnels is the hands-down winner as it gives your audience more payment options than Kajabi.
Email marketing is one of the pillars of online digital marketing and undoubtedly, both the platforms come with advanced features that help you to reach out to your audience, send follow-up emails, and more.
The advantage that Clickfunnels has over Kajabi is that it integrates with an email marketing solution called Actionetics that segments your email list by location, gender, age, engagement level, and purchases, based on which you can customize your email marketing funnel.
In other words, all that you have to do is build an email funnel and ClickFunnels handles the rest.
Despite this ease and simplicity, Kajabi scores over ClickFunnels because this email autoresponder service is available in ClickFunnels only when you subscribe to the platinum level which is $297 per month.
On the other hand, Kajabi offers unlimited emails in their base plan itself, thereby offering a good value for your money.
From this perspective, Kajabi is the winner in this category.
Kajabi is the king of course creation as it allows you to create a wide range of content based on what you want to sell and the expectations of your target audience. It’s simple drag and drop interface makes it easy to upload any kind of course such as a mini course, full online course, membership-based content, or coaching program.
You can also add many types of content such as quizzes, audios, videos, assessments, exams, podcasts, and more. Also, you can use different templates and themes for different types of content, thereby making each offering a unique one.
ClickFunnels is highly limited in the area of course creation as it is more focused on marketing and selling a product.
So, if you’re looking for a course creation platform and want to sell online courses, Kajabi is your best choice.